RE: badges & Scala wheels?

Hi,

>Do you want to build a race car, street car, or show car?
Nice looking street car.

>1) TT  exhaust ( I think TT is good)
>2) Port the intake
>3) T-body from an Audi 5000 / (200)
>4) 80mm on top of the air box.

What do 3 & 4 mean?
How and why do you need to put another ground on the alternator?

I'm looking to get my rocco looking and driving as best it can with minor
mods while I get to know what I'm doing, then hopefully moving onto a few
more major changes. It partly depends on time and cash though, little of
both!

It had new shocks put on just before I bought it and it rumbles like hell
over bad roads, so I think they have been put on wrong, (the rubber
mounting at the top moves about when the wheels are moved, that can't be
right?) so the first majorish changes might be new shocks. What's the
difference between makes,? Is them a difficult job?

I've put new disks and pads on and anti-roll bar bushes. It needs some
minor bodywork doing and I've thought of wax-oiling and undersealing it so
it lasts until I can get it into classic car shows!

The next thing I thought of is a new exhaust. Do you get a whole new system
or just the first section from the engine (downpipe?) Can many mods be done
with scrapyard parts and if so which models/engines can bits be salvaged
from. Someone told me the the rocco is made up from a number of different
GTI models. Is the engine a standard lump put into lots of VWs?

so many questions, shame there isn't a 'rocco magazine to see what the
options are. cheers again guys (BTW I got the badges off fine, and this
week my wheels are off for renovation, top!)

Take it easy, SPat