RE: badges & Scala wheels?

-->Question written by PR Brundell "Spat"

Can anyone help? I wan't to remove the scirocco/volkwagon badges from my
rocco to sort out the bodywork. I don't want to ruin them so what's the
best way of getting them off (and sticking them back on again) ? <---
****
Answer written by Doug.

The rear badges snap on and off. Most of them have 3 pins.
The body has a black plastic grommet (reception pocket thing) that the pins
snap into. To remove the badge just slip a soft plastic spatula  or small
screwdriver
under the badge and pull it off slowly. Try not to scratch the badge or the
paint.
It can be done. If the grommets are old they may crack and you may need a
new one.
They do not cost that much. I remove my badges every time I wax my car. I
only
had to replace the grommets once. To replace the grommet you should open
the hatch
and push it out from the back side. The same snapping action that holds the
badge on holds the
grommet on too. If the badge pin is not in the grommet the grommet will
push out of the hatch if you
want to remove it. Take your time.

--->Question written by PR Brundell  "Spat"

Also, I'd like to know what kind of wheels I have. They're half painted
original alloys on my '87 1.8 8V carb scala. Very angular looking. A local
dealer told me they were very expensive ones ie. £300 each. <---
******

Answer written by Doug.

I think the Scala came with the "GTI" wheels. It is a spider web pattern
with a ring in the center.
Your wheels should be 14" X 6". Stock wheels are worth between $25.00 -
$100.00 in the USA.

--->written by PR Brundell  "Spat"

BTW, I've chopped up my airbox, maybe it's wishfull thinking but I'm sure
it's a bit more powerful. It definately sounds more meaty!
Spat <---
*******
Answer written by Doug.

This is a great low cost mod.
Put a K&N on it and get some cool air to the airbox and it will help a
little. If you want
more power you need to increase the exhaust, intake and the throttle body
dimensions too.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"