Re: More newbie questions

-snip-
Yes there is a "Idiot Book" for early rabbit/scirocco's

-end snip-

Yep. I have a copy of this book myself. Mine goes from '74-'84. It's by
Richard Sealey, published by Muir Press. I bought it as another source of
info, to back up my Bentley and Haynes. I got it at Faxon Auto Literature
in Riverside, CA. If anyone's interested, I'll email you the number for the
place. My dad and I wandered around there for hours. Great place. Got my
'Illustrated Volkswagen Buyer's Guide' there also, along with another book
about modifying GTIs and Golfs. It'll come in handy when I get another GTI.
Woohoo.

Zach
http://www.discover-net.net/~zach/index.html
'Man who want pretty nurse must be patient'
Confucius

> From: Ron Cooper <rlc@teleport.com>
> To: Damon Steele <maundo@email.msn.com>
> Cc: Scirocco <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: More newbie questions
> Date: Saturday, July 10, 1999 6:53 PM
>
>.
> My grease stained copy covers from about 75 to 78 and has the
> same useful and sometimes funny drawing style as the air cooled
> version as well as the laid back commetary.
>
> I don't believe Muir wrote it as I think he died.
> I believe It was put out by "Muir Publication's" though.
> I'm not sure about this last part. The book is at home and
> I'm at work.
>
> Ron
>
> 77 and 86 Scirocco's
>

> On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Damon Steele wrote:
>
> > Hey, I was wondering....when I ran air-cooled VW's, I had a pretty good
book
> > by a guy named
> > John Muir that pretty much told how to fix anything on Types
I-IV...I've not

majordomo@scirocco.org.