Re: Cams?

---Robert Bisch <Rbisch@lgamerica.com> wrote:

> Is anyone running the Euro-cam from Techtonics for their Scirocco?  If
> so how do you like it.  If not what cam set-up are you running?
> Interested in hearing hands on experience with the different set-ups out
> there.  As always, probally covered before, but I wasn't looking before.
>
> Rob
> 88 16v

I am quite pleased with my setup:   Schrick 260's in a ported head on
top of a VW 2L 16v block bored up to 2008cc.  It's weak, um, nowhere. :)
It may not _scream_ uptop as much as the same motor would equipped with
268's, but I like my power all over...especially where I drive most of
the time (which is usually less then 5-6k rpms).  I can move the power
around a bit with my adjustable cam sprocket so it _feels_ like I've
got ~268's (weaker below 4-5k, ripping great over 5k), but what's the
point?  I'm not on a racetrack (well, maybe in my mind), I'd rather
kill at the stop light GP if you catch my meaning...

==Brett