roc'n the bay 1999

Well I just got off the blower with the wife.  I'm ON for the SF trip!  She
may or may not be able to make it, but has "approved" my going either way.
I thought she might be upset if I left her behind as it's my birthday that
Saturday night.  Her response: she'd be upset if I did that over *her*
birthday, but hey, it's MY birthday - so I should be able to do what I
want.  Cool!  And she means it, there will be no repercussions.  Actually
I hope she can make it along.  Anybody else bringing the ball and chain??

So - looks like I'll be spending the b-day par-taying in SF with the 'roc
boys.  Can't think of a better way to spend it!

Funny that just reminded me of a little episode a friend went through years
ago (in the bay area actually).. he was in college and working at a pizza
parlor at the time.  The bartender had a pilot's license.  One night after
work he took a bunch of guys up for a "ride".  I was invited along but
wisely passed.  Next time I saw the dude he was still practically shaking.
They put 6 people in a 4-seat Cessna.  The famous quote from the pilot,
just before he did a hairy WING-OVER with his overloaded plane:

"COVER YOUR BEERS!!!"

Hopefully this won't be my rallying cry that Saturday night!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0