Re: Help! Rear Disk Brake Calipers!

>At 10:06 AM -0500 7/4/99, J Buck wrote:
>> I'm changing rear brake pads on my Passat wagon with Girling calipers.
>>The pistons
>> on both calipers will rotate out, but not back in...am I missing
>>something here?
>> They're not seized....I can get the pistons to move with brake pedal
>>pressure, they
>> just won't retract when I turn them.  I'm sure some of you guys have
>>experienced
>> this...please enlighten me.
>>

>You need a funky "tool" that will rotate it in.  Try jamming two nails in a
>socket, with a smaller socket inside -- if you look at the piston, there
>are two notches that will define how far apart you need the nails to be.
>

>| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |

Don't be jumpin' my ideas/tools man!!  Tell em where ya get this stuff
from eh?

BTW...

Lisle makes a funky little block of metal with a 3/8 drive ratchet hole
with all kinds of pins sticking out of made just for driving caliper
pistons.  All of the finer autoparts stores should stock it.

:-)

==Brett