Re: Scirocco Engine swap

William J Erikson wrote:

> That's awesome...
> But if I may be so rude, why put a 1.7L in? The '81 is a 1.7, right? Why
> not go for the 1.8?

Not rude at all;

- Al came back into Cali from 'Luzianna', doesn't pay to smog the out of
state cars.

- I had a '78 in the driveway with a bad engine and a minor ding behind
the pass. side rear wheel.

- I also recently came across another Mk1, a '81, w/ minor front end
damage, which Al hated dealing with.

So, One good engine, One not bad body, one newly infected Scirocco
driver = Engine swap project.

I myself was trying to plan out the proper way to do it but a sense of
urgency means some stuff will get done later.

And, as an exercise it gets the new guy into all the inner workings and
"Scirocconess" of the beasty.

I'll have a Mk1 shell after it's over I'll be looking to offer as a
racer project for some one as well. As long as it's not going to the
wrecker's then profit is not my major concern.

To get back to the original question- There is a long list of Must Have,
Should Do, Like To, stuff to get into later.

 Myself, I would have asked "Why not a 2.0?"

Laters,
TBerk