Re: pitted windshield

Kevin Collins wrote:

> pb1113@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > yes, there is a way to repair a pitted windshield.  Depending on how messed
> > up it actually is, any good windshield shop should be able to repair it
> > right in your driveway.  They use an vacuum setup to inject some kind of
> > goop right into the pit.  When they're done you can't even see the repair.
> > My mom had it done on her Grand Am and its totally invisible....
>
> Sounds like how they repair a starred/bullseyed windshield.. I'm talking
> plain old pitting, like from tiny road debris (sand sized or smaller) hitting
> it for years.  No real "damage" per se.  Are you talking about repairing
> this kind of "damage" or "real" damage??
>
> -

Regular "Pitting" in a windshield believe it or not is caused by acid
rain more so than sand. Unless you drive through sand storms frequently.
Buffing out the pits is possible if very minor but will wear down the
windshield and your wipers will suck! Not a good idea and probably more
expensive. Just did my windshield, insurance pays for two a year so I
might as well get my money's worth, it was only 120 dollars installed.
Get a new one.

Feenix
88 16V