Re: Fourth of July meet

At 01:28 PM 7/5/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Thank god those OTHER pictures didn't get posted to the web site. Thanks
>Brad!

  They might show up yet, unless you and Ian pay up! :)

>I dunno what I was thinking. 4th of July weekend, EVERYBODY is going to
>be on those roads! Oh well, we had a few good runs and considering we had
>some passengers with us, I didn't want to play too hard. I tried to keep
>the speeds down a little more and just use the cornering abilities to do
>the playing for us. The weekend was a short one of Brad. He left us
>shortly before our road trip ended at the closed "Dudley's Bakery".
>(Everything was closed!)

The route I took back to the 15 was mostly wide open, with only a few spots
where I was stuck behind somebody. The roads around Palomar were pretty
twisty, definitely a fun ride home. 55+mph through the 25 mph curves, with
the tires squealing the entire time.

  And once I was at the 15, I filled up so that I could calculate my gas
mileage. Travling at 80-85mph, with a heavy foot on the on ramps, and after
any traffic slow downs, I still managed to get over 29mpg. The only thing I
didn't do was have the AC on. But that was still pretty good, it seemed
better than what I recall the last time I measured. So I guess all the
maintenance stuff I've been doing lately has paid off.

>Then I introduced the world of NASCAR BOTH Iain and his main squeeze
>Gina, Doug and his wife Kathy. By the end of the night Kathy was
>screaming "YEE-HAWWWW!!!! PUT HIS ASS IN THE WALL!! HIT HIM"!!!  :)

  I can believe that. From our last time in San Diego, I know Kathy is a
very aggressive driver. I'm not surprised at all that she was rooting for
the carnage more than the racing itself. :)

Brad