Re: Fourth of July meet

On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 13:22:23 -0700 Brad Sheridan <brads@mindspring.com>
writes:

>Ian, Doug, Shawn, and myself had a get together at Shawns on Friday
>and Saturday.

Well, it didn't start off too good. First of all SPEEDWORLD was closed.
Its been a while since ive been there. :(
So we figured we would shoot over to Family fun Center and hit up the go
cart track.
There's nothing worse than a plmply teen saying in his best squeeky
voice, "The go cart track is closed".
So we went for option 3 which was the video games inside. We found a 4
player Rally game! Not what I had planned on doing but it was much better
than getting arrested again. (Happy anniversary Jason!!) <smack!>

>And since it is the weekend of the fourth, we took a few
>pics to mark the occasion...
>
>http://brads.home.mindspring.com/DCP00333.JPG
>http://brads.home.mindspring.com/DCP00334.JPG
>http://brads.home.mindspring.com/DCP00335.JPG
>http://brads.home.mindspring.com/DCP00336.JPG
>http://brads.home.mindspring.com/DCP00337.JPG
>
>It was a fun time, to bad we couldn't get some more people down for it.

Thank god those OTHER pictures didn't get posted to the web site. Thanks
Brad!

Its a shame we didn't think about snapping a quick picture at the little
coffee shop. We had a fun time there.

Thanks everyone for comming down! Iain and doug both brought their women
folk with them. I think the jacuzzi was a success since we sat in it for
so long and stayed up so late. Everything on my body was wrinkled.   :)
Its an AGE simulator!! AHHHH!!!!!!!

>We saw Jason Camissas waterfest video, and the video he made for his
>car. It was a pretty cool video, except for the parts where Jason was in
it
>:)

We were inspired to make our own video but alas, we didn't have a motion
picture camera. So maybe next time we can plot out a bitchen video
perhaps using some of the better parts of our road trip? Yah, it sucked
that Jason was in that video or we might of watched it a few more times.
He wears velvet pants in the video. We seen em'. :)

>We also went for a drive in the mountains. The roads down there are
>pretty twisty, and very fun. There was a good bit of traffic, but
>whenever we had some open road ahead of us, it was a blast..

I dunno what I was thinking. 4th of July weekend, EVERYBODY is going to
be on those roads! Oh well, we had a few good runs and considering we had
some passengers with us, I didn't want to play too hard. I tried to keep
the speeds down a little more and just use the cornering abilities to do
the playing for us. The weekend was a short one of Brad. He left us
shortly before our road trip ended at the closed "Dudley's Bakery".
(Everything was closed!)

We jumped back on the road and got to finish up a few more good turns
before we were back in civilization traffic. We got hung up behind some
old yellow pick up truck. *I* thought at the light we all could just out
drag him before the 2 lanes turned back into one. The SOB caught me
sleeping on the line and decided we werent going to pass him. I was
pulling on him in 3rd gear but nobody else was going to be able to get
around him before the lane ended so I backed off and let him go. WOW! I
could of had a V8! :)

We were patient and as soon as the lane opened back up to 2 lanes we blew
him off. (I did my patented "cut him short" lane change for those who are
rude and not let traffic by.
Doug did the same....) For the most part, when we got stuck behind a
slower vehicle, they would pull off to the side and allow us to pass. Not
anything like we experienced on our trip up HWY 1 to the ND show!

One last little blast down 67 and at the bottom of the hill 2 CHP's were
luckily, filling out paperwork. We were speeding by only 5 over the limit
at the time. 3 minutes sooner we were doing a little more than that
comming down the hill. Lots of CHP on our little trip but we were never
bothered by them since we were behaving ourselves at the time... except
that one turn I was WOT in 2nd gear when I saw the star..... clutch in,
foot off gas.... smile....

Then I introduced the world of NASCAR BOTH Iain and his main squeeze
Gina, Doug and his wife Kathy. By the end of the night Kathy was
screaming "YEE-HAWWWW!!!! PUT HIS ASS IN THE WALL!! HIT HIM"!!!  :)

I hope everybody had a good time. That's all I wanted and hopefully we
can all do it again someday only the drive will be from the other way!
Wee!  :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and