Weber Carbs

> Anybody out there know how to make a 32/36 DFAV downdraft Weber pass
> emissions? HC is 150 and CO is 4.5% at idle and HC is 250 and CO is 5% at
> cruise. Need help pls. TIA
> Chris DeLong '80 16V Rag '65 Bus (ugly, but good for campin' W/toaster oven)
> '82 GLI  '80 'Vert  '80 PU (slammed to the curb)  '61 17 Window

On the Thing mailing list there has been a lot of talk lately of mixing in some
alcohol to thin down the fuel mix. I think it worked for a couple California
drivers with Weber dual carbs. It's worth a try I guess. It is only a temporary
fix to pass, but if your goal is to simply get it to pass then go for it.

-Marc
'74 VW Thing
'84 Jetta GLi SLC (for sale in Philadelphia)
'87 Scirocco 16V (I pick it up on 7/3!)

Marc Getty                           marc@getty.net
http://www.getty.net         http://www.vwthing.org
ICQ: 4478023                    Phone: 215-962-5603