RE: Play in top of front strut.... what could it be? is it dangerous?

The shaking is more likely caused by the alignment being slightly off or
the tires not balanced correctly or unevenly worn.

Could you describe the shake.  If you feel it in the steering wheel it is
probably the from suspension somwhere.  If you feel it in your butt it's
probably the rear tires out of balance.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX

On Friday, July 02, 1999 8:54 AM, Paul J. Dorion [SMTP:pjdorion@comnet.ca]
wrote:
> Here's the poop, anyone that can answer this would be a great help..
>
> There is less than 1/16 of an inch play on the top of the strut between
the top mounting plate and the bottom of the nut that fastens it. Is this
dangerous, I have to drive about 400 km today and I don't have the
ressources to fix my suspension until next week.This Roc is Stock. Help!