RE: Leaks and Tires

Ahhhhh the infamous leaky winshield on the MkI problem.

Yes, it is the windshield seal on both of the lower corners.  The preferred
method to fix this is to buy some of that black silicone stuff, cut the tip
to make a pretty small hole and seal under the windsheild seal all the way
around.  Both above and below the trim (against the car and the glass).
 And, if you can, around the inside of the glass and seal on the inside of
the car.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX