Re: front sway-bar problems

This is not the gospel truth. Many people think this, but I for one
disagree for the following reasons:
1. The fastest people at DSP Nationals this year were running huge front
bars, NO rear bars (in Rabbits, that is).
2. My car feels better with the front bar. I have a 28mm rear and 22
front, and I felt the handling improved more with the 22mm front than
with the 28mm rear. I have very stiff front springs as well. I also
prefer a car to understeer than oversteer- it feels more predictable and
safe to me. I don't like body roll, and rear bars do little to control
body roll on our cars, since most of the weight is up front.
That said, I drove Joe's car with the Shine setup (no front bar, massive
rear bar, 500# front springs, coilovers, Bilstein sports), and I love it.
The front springs make up for the lack of front bar, which is usually
considered to be a good thing because then the front suspension retains
its independence and therefore the tendency to spin the inside front
wheel on corner exit is reduced. However, I'm not sure that I like the
handling feel BETTER than my car (although his is much better set up -
his has better exhaust and race tires, and overall is just... well,
better, so I do like his car better).
	YMMV and obviously people are doing everything from one end of the board
to the other and a lot of different things work.
	-Josiah