Re: 268 or 276 cam 8v

Matt,

> Will the 276 kill all my low end?

With 8.5-1 YES!

>  Any experiences with the 268 cam?  By the
> way the cam i will be getting will be for a hydraulic head.

Yup used it for a while.  Great cam....power to 6k...strong from 4k.
This was on a P&P RD motor (10.0-1)  Went to the 276 schrick for
more power past 6k....it gave but at the expense of low end....put a
adj cam gear on it_helped_out a little.  Ended up upping CR to
11.3_now_that made the 276 work.

A friend of mine even put my old 268 in his 8.5 motor (had a 260)
with his 260 in & me w/ the 268 the only thing that made me win
was CR & gearing.  he put the 268 in & away went his low end & I
would get such a jump off the line he couldn't catch me (this is with
me @10.0-1 & the 276 no cam gear)

The 268 could be OK if you ran a lot of inital advance to get the low
back up but the top may suffer if it has too much advance up
top.....(time for a Euro curve dist....shamless plug;)
Don't get me wrong the 268 is a nice cam but it was made for a
10.0-1 motor.......with a 8.5 it just needs some tweaking to get it
right.

HTH

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman