Re: Cams/Seats

Stephen Weenink wrote:

> Hey all,
>      I wrote yesterday re: a cam attached to an adjustable cam
> sprocket... how do I know whether or not this is a performance piece
> (other than 'G' or duration #'s stamped on end).  The cam is stamped
> with the VW/Audi logo.

Hmm, dunno muach about this,  but I think I remember hearing that
it was almost impossiable to tell the differnece (visual) with
a G grind and a regular cam.  If there is a G stamped in it,
the it must be a G no? :)

>      Also, has anyone ever fitted seats from a different car
> manufacturer in their Scirocco (eg. putting in Honda seats)?  Is this
> a possible swap?  What is the method of swapping seat rails?

ACK!!!!!!!! you would want to put HONDA seats in your VW? not
only do Honda seats suck compared to a nice set of stock VW seats,
their from a HONDA!!.  My guess is they would not fit in any way
at all.  If you want good seats, look for a set of Recaros from
a Jetta or something, I think these will just drop in.

HTH
Etrik

P.S.
I really don't hate Honda that much... :P