Cams/Seats

Hey all,
     I wrote yesterday re: a cam attached to an adjustable cam
sprocket... how do I know whether or not this is a performance piece
(other than 'G' or duration #'s stamped on end).  The cam is stamped
with the VW/Audi logo.
     Also, has anyone ever fitted seats from a different car
manufacturer in their Scirocco (eg. putting in Honda seats)?  Is this
a possible swap?  What is the method of swapping seat rails?

                        Thanks a bunch

==
                          Steve
                          '81 Scirocco (in process)