RE: Raising CR with head gasket

on overhead cam engines (such as our VW's) the cam timing will be a tad
bit off since the distance between the crank and cam sprocket is
decreased.  it will retard the timing a tad, don't know the exact
amount...  this will move the powerband to a higher (?  i think this is
right) rpm.

chris
86 16V scirocco