Re: [Opinions] 0.80 5th Gear Conversion -- 16v

My '84 GTI has the FN trans (.71 fifth, ummm maybe 3.89 final drive? Not sure
about that...). In any case, at 50mph, I'm turning 2000rpm, which works out to
3000rpm at 75mph. I love it. The GTI has a pretty strong engine in it, and I
rarely have to shift down to go up hills, almost never on the Interstate. It
makes a BIG difference in gas mileage- I get about 37mpg right now, my old
Scirocco that ran just as well and had a 2H in it only got 33. Not that that's
bad or anything. If I just drove my Rabbit on the street, I'd keep the FN in it,
but as it is, I'm going to be AutoXing it, so I've been considering putting a 2H
in it for the closer-spaced first three gears (well, all of them, but I'd only
use the first three in the AutoX).
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI
    '87 QSW