Rear light fitting

I had the marvelous misfortune to have my car hit from behind as it sat
parked on the street outside my house.....

....unfortunately I didn't see who did it, and they didn't stop to own up.
It could have been much worse I supppose, but the bottom line is that I need
a left hand side, back light fitting (all the bulbs etc. are ok) for a 1990
Scirocco GTii - it's got those black lines across the lights.

Does anyone know of a good and _inexpensive_ way of picking one of these up
in my part of the world - I got an initial qoute for 115 pounds + tax !?
from a dealer, which obviously sux.

hopefully,

Patrick
(London - '90 GTii )