Re: Camber plates

Thanks for the info of Eurosport, the 78' is a stricly autocrosser,
but I do drive it to the events, so they sound crappy.  They made me
laugh when they said they won't hold up on the street but should be
OK for autocross.  He's obviously never seen me autocross.....

>From what the Ground Control guys are saying, their design should be
very solid, and I will own the first set made.

I can't wait, I'm getting the race bug bad.  We are spending Saturday
and Sunday rebuilding the two dirt Sciroccos for the 1999 season, new
skins, new rear axle on one car (Bill snapped it at the last race of
98), and some new paint schemes.

> From:          XXSpArCoXx@aol.com
> Date:          Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:50:55 EST
> To:            phillyscca@mail.enter.net, scirocco-L@scirocco.org
> Subject:       Re: Camber plates

> Yeah wait for gorund controls unit to come out. . .or you can get the weld up
> onew but you won't be able yo use them for autocross . . sucks don't it . .
> the ones that can handle the street don't meet up with scca reg's . .  and the
> thing with the eurosport ones is the plates them selves bend and leave
> impressions on your towers. . from my experience. .
> But if its just for auto cross euro sports should do the trick . . I took mine
> onto some crappy streets and bent them all u p. .
> Well good luck . . .
> ~Danny~
> 88 16v Tornado Red

Ken Buck
1999 Philadelphia Region SCCA RE
78 DSP VW Scirocco- regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway(retired in 1998, but back in 99!!)
80 Scirocco-S  copper, 1.8L (cold start problem)
84 Scirocco (finally road worthy)