Wrecking yard fun...

Hey guys,
     I just got back from a local wrecking yard.... lots of VW's.  I
ran across an 86 Scirocco 8V that had a bunch of racing stickers and
stuff on it so I decided to take a look under the hood.  Anyways, this
is what I found:  Adjustable cam gear, K&N filter, 4 into 1 header,
blah, blah, blah.  I bought the filter and the gear for $10.  Quick
question:  the cam attached to the gear was stamped as a VW/Audi
product, I don't remember the serial numbers, could/would this be a
G-grind?  Also, could I use this (if it were a G-grind or performanace
regrind) in my 81 since the cam is for a hydrulic head vs. my solid
lifter head.  I think it's kinda useless if the guy had all of this
work done to his car w/ just a stock cam (it was advanced like 10
degrees).
     I also found a door (complete) for my car for $75. The same yard
wanted like $150 for an Audi 5000 tb.  Is he asking too much?  Thanks
again for all the help.  Also, I've heard that early Rabbits with the
1.5L had a factory G-grind... is this true?  If so, what years?

P.S. I'm thinking about using the gear on my '94 Golf. If it is a
G-grind cam and it is for a hydraulic head, I might slide it into my
Golf.  Sorry about the length!
==
                          Steve
                          '81 Scirocco (in process)