Re: Little oil problem!!!!!!

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:04:57 -0800 (PST) Scottish <scottishs@yahoo.com>
writes:
>Hey, I'm hoping someone here can do miracles,

I work miracles everyday. Nobody notices it tho. hmph.

>because I just yesterday
>I had to fill up my oil, because there was less than 1.7 Q in it.
>This wouldn't be such a bad thing except for the fact that I rebuilt
>the #$%#%% thing this summer and there is no oil on the ground and
>there are no deposits, blue smoke, black smoke, or any other type of
>nicely coloured smoke that would indicate oil coming out the rear of my
>rocco.  So someone please tell me where it all went????
>It was all good oil too, that nice Castrol synthetic 10W-30.  Help.

Did you rebuild the head as well? I had a car that did the vanishing oil
trick. Plugs looked fine, everything was fine (except for low compression
and 177,000M motor) except for the oil that it kept drinking.
Turned out it was burning the oil. I never saw any smoke from it, but the
black sooty tailpipe told the tale. Turned out that I needed new valve
stem seals. Replaced them and the oil problem was lessened but the bad
shape of the rings still allowed oil to be burnt. Im sure this isn't the
case with your motor, but if oil is disappearing and its not leaking a
drop, then its simply got to be burning it.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and