Fw: Mk1 Body colors, mysterious pinstriping [was: Could it be

Without seeing your car, I think the stripes were dealer applied. There
were VW stripes - they are in many of my brochures - but those don't
sound like the dealer ones (seeing helps)

there were no blue S models.

I have the dealer brochures from 1980 (soon I'll have all the 1981
brochures too) - but they are inconclusive.  The 1980 Scirocco brochure
lists Mars Red, Alpine White and Black as the S colors, yet I know that
there were Diamond Silver and a metallic grey colored S models.

I literally haunted the showrooms from 1976 until 1982. I've been
worshipping these cars to long! Both of my 1981 S models were the Dark
Metallic gray (the name eludes me right now, but as soon as I take
possesion of it - I'll let you know.

My 1980 S was Alpine White.

Mark
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1978 Scirocco (Kristen's)
Former Sciroccos:
1975 Scirocco (0wned 1977-1984 totalled)
1975 Scirocco (owned 1984-1985)
1981 Scirocco S (owned 1985-1993 frame bent in snowstorm)
1980 Scirocco S (owned 1993-1998, sold for scrap)