Re: Lower subframes...

At 11:47 PM 1/24/99 -0500, XBlueHen@aol.com wrote:
>I was curious if anyone on the list has any experience with a lower subframe
>support setup......such as the one offered by Eurosport.  The reason I ask is
>that I will be fabricating floorboards for my 78.  There is some serious rust
>on this car...but it will be removed, and new floors will be MIG welded into
>it ( not to mention new rocker panels).  The subframe that Eurosport offers
>bolts to the front control arm mounts, and to the rear control arm mounts,
>creating an "X" pattern in the middle......I'm thinking that this will
>increase the rigidity of the car, especially due to the rust and fabricated
>floorboards.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
>
>TIA!
>
>Darin
>78 Scirocco Turbo
>95 Jetta

It's a very good idea to get one.  I don't have any experince with
aftermarket ones but anyone the is of an x design should be good.  Hell, VW
used them in the 16Vs.  Probably a really good idea considering the age of
your car and the fact that it's a turbo.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)