Re: oil light

Chris Chemidlin wrote:

> Hey guys & girls...
>
> Driving to work always nets me a new problem with the uGLi.
>
> Today I got a dim oil light!
>
> Any idea what the hell that means?
> It's not flickering, its just dim.
>
>                        CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

How about reconditioning the oil sender's connection?  Wiggle 'dem
wires, buuuudy.

I ASSume you've verified the oil level, and it's the correct weight and
every thing.

But really, some contact cleaner on the connector and spade should clean
up nasty corrosion. Dielectric grease can be applied to help crete a
long lasting, protected environment. blah, blah, blah...  :)

Other things to check, the other end of the wire as it runs up under the
dash, the sender itself might be faulty- some folks have reported that
the sender to block connection wasn't passing signal. Maybe a wrench to
the thing, loosen and retighten back again, might help. This is a med.
shot ( as apposed to a long one).

Oil pressure might be at fault here, but this doesn't ness. mean the
pump is bad. What's the oil in the thing? And what's the outside temp
were you are?

TBerk