Re: G-grind cam for 87 8v.

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:10:21 EST HOTGTX@aol.com writes:
>I purchased my G-grind cam from Autotech.  I paid $100.  for it.  I
highly
>recommend the g-grind.  Just make sure you have a good exhaust system
>so you can see the full effect.
>
>Dave
>85 Scirocco GTX

WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-
WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-

Was this a HOR cam? None of the G-grind cams they make never use a German
Billet and are known to fail. With the 3 people which I know of that
use(d) that particular cam, a lobe (and in one case, several lobes) went
flat within a year of using the cam.

Now if you were smart and put away your receipt in a safe place for it,
then you got nothing to worry about as it does have a lifetime warranty.
Just kinda sucks waiting for it to go flat like that is all. Anyhoo, just
wanted to offer up what little info I had on that cam.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and