RE: Re: relayed my lights

Sean Martin wrote:
>  Aren't those only available in the hi&lo version?

No,  the standard setup is that when the lowbeams are on, only the
outside two lights are on, and with the highbeams, all four lights are
glowing. The inside two sealed beams only have a highbeam filament. I
think this is the standard setup for most 4 headlight, sealed-beam
riggings.

> My real question is how is the beam pattern in low and in hig beam,
>compared to stock.  Has anyone been anoyed, or have you got them aimed
>pretty well.
>

>Sean.
>87 8V

What I did with the aiming was to aim them further down so that I
wouldn't annoy other motorists. While I can't read their minds, I don't
think I'm annoying anyone. I drove behind my GF and she didn't think
that they bothered her (she was in a 86 jetta). I live in the bay area,
so all the roads around here are lit. Therefore, I don't have a need to
shoot my lights way out front, I just really need to see what is around
me. So I took the outside two and aimed them more to the sides. This way
the inside lights take care of the front while the sides blanket each
side with pretty white light.
I don't know much about beam patterns of the european lights, but it
seems to me that with my setup, the patterns are the same, just a
sh!tload brighter.

I now look forward to driving my car at night. Maybe I should just move
into the 'roc. That way I'd never have to leave her. Or I could stop
smoking crack. Either one.

Jonas
85 Scirocco -named June- (the month I got her)