Re: SCIROCCO SURVEY for everyone

>When did you first know you had to have a Scirocco for yourself?

Well, my dad had a mk1 when I was about 7 or 8, it was a beautiful car, silver
grey.  It was the first really sporty car my dad owned, so I got to really
like it.  I was never that keen on the mk2 at first, but a few years ago my
dad was looking for a newer car to replace his Golf GTi.  We went to look at a
Scirocco Scala, and I remember being really impressed with the performance and
how tight it felt going round corners.  Unfortunately I couldn't talk my dad
into getting it.

>What was it about the car that made you want one so badly?

A couple of years after I had passed my test, I wanted to move up from a Polo,
and the Scirocco was the best car of that type and quality for the price.
They're actually much cheaper to buy than an equivalent GTi, for whatever
reason.  So I ended up with my GT.  My dad liked it so much he got himself one
for a while.

>  Now I ask
>myself, "is it possible to be in love with an inanimate object?"

Well, I drove my mum's Suzuki Vitara for a week when the GT was in the garage,
and boy was I glad to get back into the scirocco.  The difference is night and
day.

And now I'm on to my second Scirocco, a nice, low mileage GTX.  So far its
been absolutely bullet-proof (touch wood!), no problems at all.  Guess I've
just got the scirocco bug!

Jamie
http://members.aol.com/egj123