RE: what we don't like on our Sciroccos

US household light switches are all upside down. ( or at least they appear
to be in american tv programmes and films) Everywhere else I've been (most
of Europe) they have been down for on up for off. You know, the sensible
way.
So the switches in the cars are just right.

Maybe the designers thought with the Mk2. "We will put the switch sideways
to avoid confusing the americans."

Mark Thomas '87 Scirocco GT
Email: scirocco.gt@virgin.net <mailto:scirocco.gt@virgin.net>