Re: Gas filler

At 01:52 PM 1/16/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all.  As I was gassing up the 'rocco today, the damn top of the filler
>neck broke. F**king rust. Anyway, can I replace just the filler neck, or do
>I have to go and buy a new tank? My GTI has a leaky neck also, so I guess I
>need to know if that neck can be changed also, or am I going to make some
>gas tank supplier very happy?

Been there done that. Same exact thing happened. Yes..the tube can be
replaced alone. Jack the car from the P/side rear corner with less than a
quarter tank, and you may get no spillage from the tank. The tube goes from
the gas flap to just before the tank. Be ready with an extra clamp
though..likely rusted pretty bad. Fun part may be finding another good one.
I lucked out with a parts car having a next to new one......but, nothing to
it...best of luck.