Re: Questions for all of you with trunk mount batteries

Hey
I used 4 gauge wire to mount up my system.  I mounted the battery in a marine
battery housing I purchased from Wal-mart.  I ran the wire on the passenger
side of my car in a plastic wire loom (added protection ).  I ran it thru the
hole where the a/c lines go through the fire walls.  I hooked that wire to
directly to the alternator.  I have a two gauge wire going from the alternator
to the starter.
As for the ground, I hooked it to the bumper bolt.  Just make sure you
absolutely grind the frame down to bare metal.  I also added an extra ground
from the alternator to the frame.

I haven't had any problems with this setup for over a year.

HTH
Dave
85 Scirocco GTX