RE: SCIROCCO SURVEY for everyone

 When did you first know you had to have a Scirocco for yourself?

Senior year of high school 1982 ( geez that long ago ?), my friends dad had
a 80 scirocco S . We went for a drive on highway 1 from Half Moon Bay (CA
coast) to Pacifica. Fun curves and straight-aways big grin on my face. On
the way back stopped at the Half Moon Bay airport for some donuts even
bigger grin. Right then and there told myself that I had to get one.
Finally got one in 1984, a 1981 Scirocco S and put a 1.9L Techtonics
smallblock and a stock head in it (Couldn't afford the big valve head). So
stupid lady forced me off the road and into the center divide and ended
that one. Transplanted the motor into a 79 Scirocco and kept going until
Wifey let me buy the 81's that I have now and re-transplanted the motor
again. Now I just have to find some time to work on it to get it up and
running again.( Brian, Alex , when my garage is a little warmer I'll let
you know unless one of you has portable heater :^) )
AND of course funds (tax time  !!!).

Steven Min
99 Eurovan GLS <-- just got it !!! Oh well forever poor
95 Golf III
81 Scirocco S
Orangevale, CA