Re: Rust inhibitor/stoppers

In a message dated 1/15/99 12:33:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, XBlueHen@aol.com
writes:

<< A few weeks ago some of you were talking about rust inhibitors.  I am going
 be fabricating floorboards for my 78, and was curious as to what the names of
 those inhibitors were again.  I apologize for having to ask, please respond
 privately.  As I recall, one of them was guaranteed to stop rust and turn as
 hard as iron??  That's the one I'm looking for.  TIA!!

 Darin >>
I think what you're looking for is called "POOR 15."   I have an uncle in
Mass. that works with Pontiac GTO's and he keeps telling me that this is the
stuff you want... whether you're stripping a frame and detailing it or if
you're just covering up some new sheet metal.  It is NOT like the stuff you
find that turns rust into another compound from what I understand.  Its
supposedly indestructable and won't let rust start again.  I've seen guys at
swap meets selling it but that's it.  I've never seen it in a store.  HTH
Dan May
8716VScirocco 95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87