Re: Interior questions

No one outnoths the noth! wrote:

>    Is there any sort of dye that can make those black (mine are a
> hideous red)?  Maybe a paint or something that adheres to it well?
>
>  Well, here goes. When I had my Cab, I got sick and tired of cleaning
> the white headliner so I bought Plasti-Kote Vinyl Spray in an aerosol
> can and used that. Know what? It turned out pretty damned good
> after two coats so I did my icky brown dash black too!

I think that's what I used, too.  It worked *really* well for me, but I
was starting with brown, not red.  I cleaned the panels with soap and
water, then with some kind of spray cleaner stuff that's made just for
that purpose (i.e., dyeing the interior), then with soap and water
again.  It took me three coats to get it just right, and I think it's
*awful* pretty (except for the cracked dash, that is.)

Carlee