Re: US vs. EURO 1.8 16V (123hp/139hp)?????

Your information is correct. However, remember that the Europeans have access
to much higher octane gas. I run a conventional non-knock sensor ignition on
my 10.5:1 compression ratio Audi 2.0l but with 108 octane fuel and make plenty
of power, too. Perhaps our friends from across the pond are able to get away
with more advance? My guess is that high-zoot gas reduces the need for the
knock sensor in the first place.

Dirk, where for art thou?

--
Scott F. Williams