Re: rear disks

(V.Harris (Fnugen)) wrote:

>  My buddy did the swap on his 80 Scirocco and
> >has no problems without the valve.  I too have the rear axle waiting to go
> >on and I dont plan on using the valves, unless of course I hear otherwise.
> >
> > Andre'
>

> >> If your going to put rear discs on an 83 or 84 rabbit gti you have to
> >> change the proportioning valve also, this is important for safety
> >> reasons.
> >>

> I did the swap......easier to do just the spindles BTW.....and did not use
> the valves. No problem what so ever. Occasionally...and that is almost a
> rarity, I will lock up my r/rear wheel. I had watched a number of threads
> go thru the list on this, and had asked a number of rear disk
> converts.....all gave slightly different answers...but the most common was
> that if you keep the 9.4s on the front..no valves are needed....change to
ever locked up your brakes at high speed? Lets say 50 +. If you do I
think you would wish you had the proportioning valves.
  I could be wrong but I would think it would be more likely you would
need the valves with the 9.4's.  Assuming you changed the m.c..

                       Andy

 the 10.1s.......and you have to install the valves. I myself prefer the
9.4