Re: Painting a Scirocco

At 05:48 PM 1/12/99 , Fly996@aol.com wrote:
>	All right 2 questions where can I find the paint color code... and I
remember
>there being a confusion with  VW mixing up the color codes for the two silver
>colors    can any one clarify that for me ????

Yeah, that was me that had the paint issue.

The paint code is on a sticker in the hatch, along with the engine code and
tranny code.

My car is Flash Silver (Color Code LP7Y), which is the US color offered on
the 16v cars from 86 to 88.  However, if you have a batch of LP7Y mixed, it
will turn out as Polar Silver; a stark silver mixed with violet (not gold,
like the Flash Silver should be.)  Polar Silver is the silver offered on
the Canadian 16v.

The LP7Y code from DuPont, PPG, PepBoys, and AutoZone all will mix up as
Polar Silver by mistake.  If you need Flash Silver mixed, have them mix up
a pint of Polar Silver...  I don't have the paint code here right now...
but you can look in the book and you'll see exactly which color it is.
"Polar Silver" as mixed from the DuPont and PPG books mixes up perfectly as
LP7Y - Flash Silver.

Good luck!
		Jason