RE: rear disks

> At 9:26 pm -0800 11/1/99, T Berk wrote:
> >As I understand it there is a rear proportioning valve built into
> some
> >master cylinders and then there is the unit that attaches to the rear
> beam.
> >
> >Is one or the other better/ easier to retrofit?
> >
> >TBerk

	There aren't any built-in to any VW master cylinders I know of.
They all
	screw in to the outlets on the master cylinder. The Mk2 16V's
had the
	prop. valves either in the line below the MC or actually screwed
into the
	MC. Both were accessible from under the hood. If I was doing (I
have)
	a conversion I would use the prop valves from the car who's MC I
robbed.

	I did the conversion on my 91 Cabrio. You can see it at:

http://www.dynasty.net/users/jwarren/VW/A1_Big_Brakes/a1_big_brakes.htm