Re: charging problem when starting

Eric Hoover wrote:

> over the past few months, it seems every time i start the car, the
> alternator is not
> coming 'ON'.  By this i mean the alt light comes on and my voltmeter reads
> about 10 V.
> A quick jab on the gas and the voltage comes up to 13+ V and the light goes
> out.  The engine
> has all the extra ground wiring done.
>
> any ideas ?????
>
> - HOOV
> '88 16V

I am having the almost same problem. I put in a new battery 660 CCA,
have the extra ground wire, and still in the morning after sitting all
night the damn thing hates to start. Not sure of volts (no meter) but
the battery light comes on and stays on until I hit the gas then all is
usually fine. Takes a few too many cranks to get going also. No problem
when its warm out though.

Feenix...
88 16V
"wish I got a winter beater"