Re: AMT/ Ertl Scirocco kit - Epilogue

Zach Vrooman wrote:

> -snip-
> There will be no re-issue of the AMT MK1 Scirocco kits
>
> That's because they're too busy making Ford Explorer and Chevy Blazer kits.
> Bastards

It's nice to see someone else hates the crap that americans manufacture and
call vehicles. I was born in the US and I wish they'd make some decent
vehicles, frankly it's embarrassing as hell. Just pick up a copy of consumer
reports, the s10 blazer and the bronco II where listed as the least dependable
vehicles. I work a an auto parts store, people come in needing ford and chevy
parts. Don't get a lot of requests for toyota, honda vw, nissan, mazda. These
people DO shop at our store, they buy filters and other similar maintenance
items, maybe a battery or alternator. I guess if you want inferior engineering
and no style buy american. If I sound pissed it could have something to do with
about 10 to 15 people a day talking shit about my rocco. I hate american cars
I'm usually just polite enough to keep my opinions to myself. Also, why is it
every time some crazy bastard almost runs my ass off the road there either
driving a dodge caravan or a ford pickup?

Jason
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.
MADE IN WEST GERMANY!