Re: [non-Scirocco] VR6 & VW [VR6 Dead]

>There was a big discussion about this some time back when I quoted a
>magazine article some time back that said the Power Beetle would get a
200hp
>VR6.  At the time there were many people on the list who said that the VR6
>was dead and being replaced with the 1.8 T4 and the V5.  While this may be
>partially true in the case of the Beetle (1.8 T4 in Beetle GLX {I think})
it

This is true, that VR6 is a dead engine. Because it's weak (!?) Engine with
capacity of almost 3 litres should pu out a lot more than the VR6 engine
does!
For example 2.8 VR6 US ver 178 HP 2.9 VR6 Euro ver 190 HP BMW 2.5i Euro
192HP (!).
Simple! Now they only fit VR6 to VW Saharan (van) in Europe and for other
cars a new and a lot more powerful (this is good, man) V6 engine is coming
out! The only good point for VR6 was it's size and that was also the place
where they lost the power. With better V angle (more than 15 degrees) its
easier to squeese more HP's out of engine. And there are less cooling
problems also!

This is the info I squeesed out of a local VW dealer when I was checking new
VW Bora (It's Jetta IV for you in US).

 Lauri!
VW Scirocco 1.8 GTX Kamei X1 bodykit
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco