Re: 24V VR6 introduced in Europe...VWoA blows

I posted this to the GTI list a couple days ago, but since the VR6 topic
comes up, I'm putting it here too.  The VR6 12V is still available in
the States, but minor power differences for 99.  The hp rating is 174
and the torque rating is 181.  No drastic changes, but the good thing
about it is that the power comes on at lower rpms now, too. The VR6 in
the Eurovan is a 140 hp version set up for more useable torque.

If ya ask me, screw the 24V VR6.  Gimme a GTI with the 1.8T!  :-)

-Mike
95 GTI VR6
88 Scirocco 16V
87 Cabbie