Re: Brake Basics

At 11:57 pm -0800 4/1/99, David Ruby wrote:
>Have you looked about at the various tuners in Canada for pricing on a wider
>variety of products?  Surely one could check at Denon, among other places.
>Dave
>'86 8v in Mega-Sales Tax California

If you phone Denon or RPI, you probably won't save money because they'll
charge you US funds.  Now, if you were to just walk in off the street and
pay in Canadian $$, you'd pay less.  I'm not quite sure why, but the prices
they list in mags like EC (which are in US funds) work out to be more than
the prices they quote us Canucks.  For example, they list a set of Schrick
268s at $790US.  You walk in off the street here and you can get them for
about $1000CDN, which works out to ~$650US.  Bottom line - you Yanks are
gettin' screwed :)