Re: Oil Leak/2.0 Conv.

At 02:51 PM 1/5/99 , you wrote:
>My 16v is covered and parked in my roomate's driveway in Colorado
>while I'm home for Christmas. On the phone, she mentioned that my car had
>leaked a *lot* of oil on her driveway, and then stopped leaking. My car
>doesn't leak oil, so I'm assuming the worst. It got extremely cold after I
>left, and nobody has been driving it. I can't think of too many things
>that would cause all of my oil to leak out except possibly a cracked
>block, or broken freeze bolts. Any ideas?
>	If it is the block, what's involved in replacing it with a 16v
>2.0 block? I think this may have been discussed recently, but..

Hey Chris,
	Same thing happened to me when I got home from New Year's Vacation... huge
puddle under the car.  Only mine was transmission fluid.
	I don't know wtf is up with this problem-- it happens to me every once in
a while-- it spews tranny fluid out of the speedometer cable on top of the
tranny.
	Who knows, maybe yours is possessed by the same demons mine is. :(

	Good luck! Keep us posted!
			Jason