RPM'S

Hello list!

      I am looking for anyone who is familliar with my '85 Scirocco and it's
workings because I think there could be something wrong with the way the spedo
reads or something. My concern is that at highway speeds, 60-65, by the
spedometer, my engine runs well over 3,000 rpm in fith gear. It just seems
pretty fast. I was wondering if that is normal, or if I am really going faster
that what my speedometer is telling me. I hope there is someone that can put
me at ease about all of this!

  													Thanks in advance
														Jeff E.
													'85 Scrocco 5 -speed