RE: best way to glue 16V body kit back on....

I had the exact same problem. I used automotive trim adhesive tape from 3M,
which I think is what VW used on the body kits originally (perhaps not 3M
brand, but tape at least). It works really well and was easy to put on. Make
sure you really clean everything well first. I got it at a local Big Wheel
Rossi store.

Neal