Re: Hatch Lid Molding

Good idea!  Kinda like checking for tire leaks in a soap bath or
putting a dot of soap on the valve stem to see if it's leaking.
The no-garage-situation has been a source of rancor--when we took
this flat, I was promised a garage, but the landlord forgot so now
I'm on a waiting list.

I guess my biggest thing to ponder is, when replacing the entire
molding (which eventually I should, because of the rust bubbles
which should be addressed), how do I go about removing that metal
(or chrome plated plastic) strip that runs around the middle of
the rubber without ruining it?  Perhaps it's just disposable.  I
need to start hunting down the best price and availability of this
molding.  If it's a kit that comes with the strip, I guess I'll
assume it is disposable.

Jennifer