hood rust yuck

OK OK  Since my car is slightly inoperable rightnow l seem to have some time
on my hands, naturally.    I'm now finally going to remove the rust under my
hood good and thorough like...        ? is should l even bother with new
insulation ( l know the newer cars don't have it) and the other ? is l wanna
paint it a bright color, so people actually notice that l took time to paint
it. "Dan May"     Yellow is my thought now l want yours, 16V is red and
thought it would accent nicely. And by the way a nice dark, crisp yellow, not
canary(yuck).

let me know, Marco 88 16V