Re: Rocco Gas Mileage

At 04:06 PM 1/2/99 EST, Farmracer@aol.com wrote:
>Y'all been getting hihg 30's? my last tank was 18.6 MPG. ouch.
>
>then again I installed an 02 sensor yesterday and the idle dropped 1100
rpm to
>1000 rpm and the HC dropped from 6,000 to ZERO on the inspection machine-
next
>tank should be better, eh?.
>
>Ken
>ES 4 85 Wolfie 8V (dead again- damn fuel pump)
>FS 4 93 LX 5.0

I gotta think you'd want to run some Lubro Molly or Techroline through the
engine. If the O2 has been out of wack then there may be a bunch of carbon
and other kinds of build up to clean out.

Just got back from a 260+ mile round trip.

91 Octane (US method)
1.8 L with 4 into 1 header, cat.
Running late, drove an agressive 80-90 mph through SUV blocker traffic.
9.6 gallons used, Averaged 28.x MPG.

WoohOO!! Oops sorry. But see, when I 1st got the car, with its 1.7L, I was
getting 17mpg.

"I've got to think it's getting better, getting better all the time...".

TBerk